As promised, my new weekly feature! Just to remind you, if you want to play along I'd love the company, just write about a current favourite and then comment on this. If there's even just one person playing I'll use a Mr Linky but so far, I sadly think it'll be just me. That's OK... This week, we have my favourite muffin recipes! Isn't it exciting? :) And don't they look marvellous? I love muffins! They're so easy to make, and also quite tasty. And I give you sweet as well as savoury!
Ham and cheese muffins ala Tana Ramsay's cookbook (I can't remember what it's called)
300g/10 1/2 oz self-raising flour
1/2 tsp mustard powder
1/2 tsp paprika
6 slices honey roast ham, chopped into 1cm pieces
185g/6 1/2 oz grated mature cheddar cheese
1 egg, beaten
250ml/9fl oz milk
6tbsp grated parmesan
1. Preheat oven to 190C/375F/Gas mark 5
2. Lightly grease a 12-hole muffin tin (or use muffin cases!)
3. Sieve the flour, mustard powder and paprika in large bowl. Rub in the butter. Add ham, cheese, then milk and egg.
4. Spoon into muffin tin with a sprinkling of parmesan on top.
5. Bake for 20 minutes.
6. Let cool on a rack.
7. Enjoy. Elliot loved these, as did N. I thought I wouldn't because they're not sweet, but they were very yummy!
Raspberry and Coconut Muffins ala a book called 'Home Baked' (my favourite muffins in the whole world)
2 1/2 cups/375g self-raising flour
90g butter, chopped
1 cup/220g caster sugar
1 1/4 cups/310ml buttermilk
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup/30g dessicated coconut
150g fresh or frozen raspberries
2 tbps shredded coconut
1. Preheat oven to moderately hot and lightly grease 12-hole muffin tin.
2. Place flour in large bowl, using fingertips rub in butter. Add sugar, buttermilk, egg, dessicated coconut and raspberries; mix until just combined.
3. Divide into muffin tin holes, sprinkle with shredded coconut.
4. Bake muffins for 20 minutes, let cool on rack.
5. Again, enjoy. I made these muffins last night, using less raspberries and some blueberries, and they were marvellous!
Until next week!