Saturday, July 23, 2011
Happy birthday to me!
Hello all! Today is my birthday, I am 29 years old. I've been thinking a lot about getting older in the past week. It's occurred to me that (so far!) I don't mind being a year older as I'm fairly happy and content at where I am in my life. I'd always like things to better, but right here? right now? I'm OK. And I think it's taken me a long time to get to this point. And a large reason that I'm so OK is because of you, my lovely blog readers. So thank you.
Still, in some ways, today almost feels like New Year's Day and like I should be writing a list of goals and resolutions for myself in the lead up to my 30th birthday. I've seen lots of people write blogs and lists specifically for the things they'd like to accomplish by their 30th (or 40th or any significant number, really) birthdays and it seems like fun. I don't think that *I'll* be doing anything too strenuous or challenging, but we'll see how things happen. Here goes...
By my 30th birthday -
1. Have a relaxing and fun-filled summer holidays with my two gorgeous boys and take lots of photos
2. Update both boys' baby books and write down all the crazy/funny things they've said regularly
3. See The Lion King in the West End
4. Read all of the Roald Dahl books to the boys
5. Visit the Roald Dahl museum
6. Visit the Jane Austen centre and take a Jane Austen tour
7. Have 500 blog followers (is that even attainable?!)
8. See an event at the London Olympics 2012
9. Finish a first draft of my novel (yes, I am writing one!)
10. Complete Operation Read Own Books!
11. Host Love Month again next February
12. Help the boys make handmade Christmas presents for the Nana
...And why can I not think of any more? Please do leave some suggestions for me in comments. I hope you're having a wonderful weekend, and as I'm writing this in advance I hope that I am eating lots of cake right at this very second!