And just for fun, try to guess which one is from the book I'm currently reading!
1. I had been making the rounds of the Sacrifice Poles the day we heard my brother had escaped.
3. Amergo Bonasera sat in New York Criminal Court Number 3 and waited for justice; vengeance on the men who had co cruelly hurt his daughter, who had tried to dishonor her.
4. It was 7 minutes after midnight.
7. At the beginning of July, during a spell of exceptionally hot weather, towards evening, a certain young man came down on to the street from the little room he rented from some tenants in S--- Lane and slowly, almost hesitantly, set off towards K---n Bridge.
9. The primroses were over.
11. It was a pleasure to burn.
12. I have just returned from a visit to my landlord--the solitary neighbour that I shall be troubled with.
14. In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I've been turning over in my mind ever since.
16. On they went, singing 'Eternal Memory', and whenever they stopped, the sound of their feet, the horses and the gusts of wind seemed to carry on their singing.
17. It was a queer, sultry summer, the summer they electrocuted the Rosenbergs, and I didn't know what I was doing in New York.
18. Once when I was six years old I saw a magnificent picture in a book about the jungle called True Stories.
24. Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.
26. 124 was spiteful.
27. In the late summer of that year we lived in a house in a village that looked across the river and the plain to the mountains.
29. They say when trouble comes close ranks, and so the white people did.