(this is an ongoing list and will surely be changed and rearranged many times)
The academic portion:
1. Finish my degree (starting it would be good as well)
2. Take a first aid course
3. Read 150 (more) titles off of the 1001 Books To Read Before You Die (this with the 103 I already have will mean a quarter of the list done, I'm happy with that.
3a. Of these titles, finish all of Charles Dickens' works (because I've always wanted to)(and because I'm a huge dork)
The sporty portion:
4. Visit the London Olympics in 2012
5. See Wimbledon
6. Run a marathon
Above and below:
7. Learn how to SCUBA dive
8. Go up in a hot air balloon
10. See The Lion King in the West End
11. Take the boys to Disneyland/DisneyWorld/Disneyland Resort Paris
All about the food:
12. Eat at a ridiculously fancy restaurant, even if it means leaving still hungry (and be dressed appropriately)
13. Grow my own vegetables
The boys' roots:
14. Visit Alaska again
15. Buy a Tlingit blanket (Chilkat or button)
16. Visit India
17. Do something amazing whilst there
Have to convince N first:
18. Renew wedding vows for our 20th anniversary
I'm sure there's more, smaller things like seeing Crufts and larger things like finishing a novel, but I'll work on it another time. I'm trying to make this a list of things I actually will accomplish regardless of income or whatever, which is why the travelling is restricted to a small number.
What's on your list?
That looks like a great list. Seeing the Olympics in London - or anywhere! - would be incredible.ReplyDelete
You have received a blog award!ReplyDelete
come and pick it up!
'Visit the London Olympics in 2012'ReplyDelete
If they finish in time, that is. Good luck with all the other goals.
Greetings from London.
#12: You need to add in "MUST order at least two desserts while there." That's the best part of a fancy restaurant!ReplyDelete
What a great list! I saw Lion King in NYC a few years ago and it is fabulous. I would love to learn how to SCUBA (really expensive!!). And go you and the marathon! I really admire anyone who can do that...I can barely run 2 miles without huffing and puffing!ReplyDelete
Charley - I agree!ReplyDelete
Emmie - Thank you! I'll blog about it during the week!
Cuban - I KNOW! And thanks
GreenJello - That's the best part of ANY restaurant! :)
Trish - I'm so jealous you've seen The Lion King! And ha! I can't run more than 20 minutes in a row, but I still want to try!
I think it's a great goal! You have to start somewhere, right?ReplyDelete