Monday, September 28, 2009
Last Library Loot for awhile!
This is expected to be my last trip to the library in awhile. I'd really like to read some of my own books but also my reading (and blogging) time will have to be cut a bit short in the next few months as my new university course is starting. But for now, library books.
1. The Silver Donkey by Sonya Hartnett - no real reason for picking this one up, except the name sounded familiar the book itself looked kind of pretty!
2. The Hundred and One Dalmatians by Dodie Smith - I'm trying something new here, and would like to read some books I missed out on as a child.
3. Ballet Shoes by Noel Streatfield - at the same time as rereading some children's classics!
4. Mary Poppins by PL Travers - I'm not sure I've seen the film all the way through, but I thought I'd read the book anyway!
5. Goodnight Mr Tom by Michelle Magorian - Never read it, am embarassed to admit that I'm not even sure what it's about!
6. Al Capone Shines My Shoes by Gennifer Choldenko - saw this one someone's blog, can't remember whose! Can't even remember if it was a good review or not!
7. A Spot of Bother by Mark Haddon - renewed interest in this after a review by Raych at books i done read!
8. The Thing Around Your Neck by Chimanda Ngozi Adichie - I don't like short stories, but I am determined to read as many as I can to get an informed opinion of this!
So there we have it. I'm hoping they will last me for awhile.
Have you read any of these books? Where should I start?