Sunday, May 02, 2010
The Sunday Salon: April
I read so many great books in April. If I had to choose favourites, they'd include Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan, Ender's Shadow by Orson Scott Card, Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver and The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson. With runners-up including Graceling by Kristin Cashore and Fighting Ruben Wolfe by Markus Zusak.
I've really tried to keep up with reviews this month, but you can see badly I've been accomplishing that. I love the variety of books I've read: it's taken me from Battle School in space, to a boy being raised by wild dogs to lots and lots of first love. I've written reviews for An Abundance of Katherines and The Sky is Everywhere coming up this week, but if there is anything on this list that you're dying to hear about, let me know and I'll write about those books first!
1. Ender's Shadow by Orson Scott Card
2. The Firework-Maker's Daughter by Philip Pullman
3. The Butterfly Tattoo by Philip Pullman
4. Unsticky by Sarra Manning (reread)
5. Graceling by Kristin Cashore
6. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
7. What My Girlfriend Doesn't Know by Sonya Sones
8. Girl Meets Boy by Ali Smith
9. Girl With Glasses: My Optic History by Marissa Walsh
10. Shopgirl by Steve Martin
11. The Graduate by Charles Webb
12. Heartbeat by Sharon Creech
13. Dog Boy by Eva Hornung
14. Ash by Malinda Lo
15. Beautiful Dead: Jonas by Eden Maguire
16. The Body Artist by Don DeLillo
17. Men Without Women by Ernest Hemingway
18. The Unfinished Novel and other stories by Valerie Martin
19. Beastly by Alex Flinn
20. Fighting Ruben Wolfe by Markus Zusak
21. Beautiful Dead: Arizona by Eden Maguire
22. Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan
23. Bloom by Elizabeth Scott
24. The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
25. An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
26. Scarred by Julia Hoban
27. Sticky Fingers by Niki Burnham
28. When It Happens by Susane Colasanti
29. The Book of Luke by Jenny O'Connell
I'm still a little in shock that I read 29 books this month. I'm sure every other month in the year won't come close to these numbers! I do love that only six of these were from the library, the rest were from my own shelves. Yay for clearing space!
And for what I'm reading at the moment? I'm reading North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley, which book bloggers everywhere seemed to enjoy. It's going a little slowly as I haven't been making much time to read lately. Hopefully today I'll be able to squeeze some time in. After I'm finished North of Beautiful? Hoping to get to Suite Scarlett by Maureen Johnson.
How did your reading go in April? What're you reading at the moment?
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
29 books! HOLY SMOKES WOMAN.ReplyDelete
That is all.
29 books!!!! wowReplyDelete
Urm I'm reading the whole Keys to the Kingdom series - now that Lord Sunday is out :-)
Shadowfalcon - I KNOW. I'm sure it was just a fluke. The rest of the year will not come close to these sort of numbers again!ReplyDelete
I never really got into the Keys to the Kingdom. Which is a shame, you know how much I love Garth Nix!