1. Read 200 books. I've completed this goal for the previous two years so I feel confident that I shall do the same in 2013.
2. Slow down book purchases so that I can make a bigger dent in my actual TBR pile. I'd really love it if I were able this year to read the vast majority of books that I've had for years and have never read. If that number came down from its current 150+ to something more like 30, I'd be incredibly happy.
3. Complete the British Books Challenge. The BBC, being hosted this year by Sarah at Feeling Fictional, is the only reading challenge that I have signed up for this year. I love reading and supporting books by British authors.
4. Further to the British Books Challenge, I would like to read between 66-100 books by British authors so that, on average, every 1 in 3 or 1 in 2 books I read is by a British author.
5. Read the Books that I resolved to read in last week's Top Ten Tuesday post.
6. Go to more author events and book blogger meet-ups. Bookish events are the highlights of my year. It'd be great to meet up more often with other book bloggers. This may mean organising things outside of publisher events. I'm quite happy to do that though.
7. Continue with my Family Book Club and inspire my two boys to be as excited about books as I am. As a family, we've read many books together. In the not so distant future, I will actually type up our thoughts on these books!
8. This has nothing to do with my blog, but I'm still studying for my degree in Psychology and I would very much like to be organised with my course this year so that I get the best marks possible.
9. Be more varied in what books I read. I'd like to read more from the library, reread some of my favourite books that I wouldn't normally feel like I had 'time for.' I'd like to read more adult books, or non-fiction, something different from all YA all the time. I'd also like to read backlist titles and not just the brand new releases that I get sent for review.
10. Enjoy reading. I often go through reading slumps or blogger burnouts, and I'd like to do whatever I can not to let either occur with any great regularity this year!
What are some of your bookish goals in 2013?