2. The Lollipop Shoes by Joanne Harris - A sort of sequel to Chocolat. She went a bit off since Coastliners, I hope this is a return to what we all used to know and love...
3. The Voice of the Gods by Trudi Canavan - I've loved this series! And am looking forward to sleepless nights reading it!
4. The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak - I've heard good things about this book!
5. Outcast by Michelle Paver - So long to wait! I'm a bit disappointed because I've always read the books as advance reading copies and now I don't work in a book store! Wah!
6. New Moon by Stephenie Meyer - I've read the first book in the series maybe 10 times already! I seriously had a dream the other day about these books. That's slightly worrying.
7. How to Be Popular by Meg Cabot - I heart Meg Cabot and all of her books! And I can totally relate to being a social outcast :)
8. Nightrise by Anthony Horowitz - Children's books are the best! Especially Anthony Horowitz books (Alex Rider is so cool!)
9. Here Lies Arthur by Philip Reeve - Haven't heard anything about this, but I love the author! (How great was Mortal Engines?)
10. Burning Bright by Tracy Chevalier - One of my favourite authors! (And I don't know why exactly I like her books, I just can't explain it)
11. Ines of my Soul by Isabel Allende - Not sure what it's about, but I'll try it!
12. Skylight Confessions and Incantation by Alice Hoffman - I adore Alice Hoffman's style of writing!
13. 31 Dream Street by Lisa Jewell - An author I've only just found and now love!
Should get those books. I love books. And I think it's good that parents love books so that they can influence their children to love books as much as they do.ReplyDelete
I miss reading. I use to read back in the day (prekids).ReplyDelete
I have never heard of most of these! I have been off of reading since knitting and blogging took over! I'd love a sequel to Chocolat, too!!ReplyDelete
Great list, a lot of those are on my read soon list too. Harry Potter, of course, but I have to finish my reread first. Twilight is on my list instead of New Moon. I love Meg Cabot, and I'm reading The Book Thief right now. The writing in it is beautiful.ReplyDelete
I have one of these on my bookmooch wishlist (The Book Thief) and one preordered (guess which one?).ReplyDelete
I am eagerly awaiting (and dreading) Harry's arrival...just 85 more days, but who's counting!ReplyDelete
There's still plenty of time for a re-read, I've been doing on myself.
"How to be Popular" is brilliant. Really really funny. I bought it the other day along with Missing You which started off a bit ropey, but then got fab.ReplyDelete
I will have to get my hands on Burning Briaght as well. I love everything she writes though - like you - I can't explain why.ReplyDelete
A great list for summer reading. Of course we're all terribly excited for the HP book too--a big topic of conversation around here!ReplyDelete
I haven't heard of Incantation! Time to head over to the library.ReplyDelete
I think I need to get out more. Or rather, stay in more. I didn't recognize half those books. :-)ReplyDelete