Thursday, September 03, 2009
And so September begins..
The first morning of the first day after my holiday and the first thing I did? I went to the library to pick up new books. Who's suprised? Anybody? Anybody? No? Me either.
1. Black Juice by Margo Lanagan - short stories by the author of Tender Morsels. I'm not a huge fan of short stories but I really liked the cover of this one. I'm hoping for something a little creepy or weird.
2. Emotionally Weird by Kate Atkinson - I think Kate Atkinson has become an author that I admire, but strangely from afar, because I have only read one of her books yet own several more!
3. The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale - something keeps bringing me back to Shannon Hale. Had to return another of her books to the library unread but I seem to gravitate to her name without ever reading anything of hers. Odd.
4. Trespess by Valerie Martin - author of Property, which I haven't read. Why do I pick up certain books and not others? I'd really like to know.
5. Runemarks by Joanne Harris - Had wanted to read this for awhile, always been put off by the length of it. Not sure what changed this time around, but here I am, holding my copy of it. Let's see what happens.
There we have it. The first selection of books to begin September. I find my choice of books slowly shifting from the fun and light-hearted to something more serious and grown-up, as we're shifting from summer to fall. Possibly. I guess I'll have to wait and see.