Lalala... I loved being on holiday last week. But there wasn't a lot of reading being done. August started off really well with some interesting YA reads and then petered off after Cyrano. I had to pick up some old favourites to get me back into the reading mode, had some non-starters (will talk about soon) then got hung up half-way through The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters (still unfinished) and then finished with a great one (Guernsey).
1. 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson
2. City of Ember by Jeanne du Prau
3. Last Chance by Sarah Dessen
4. Boy Meets Boy by David Levithan
5. Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac by Gabrielle Zevin
6. Cyrano by Geraldine McCaughrean
7. The Valley of the Horses by Jean Auel (re-read)
8. The Mammoth Hunters by Jean Auel (re-read)
9. Unsticky by Sarra Manning (re-read)
10. Holly's Inbox by Holly Denham
11. The Face on the Milk Carton by Caroline B Cooney (re-read)
12. The Guernesy Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Schaffer and Annie Barrows
Favourites of the month? Boy Meets Boy and The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. Reading plans for September include more of my favourite childhood books, reading some of my OWN books, and library loot, coming soon.
How was August for you?