Not bad for March. 15 books read, only two reviews though. It's just occurred to me that we're a quarter of the way through the year already! And as of yesterday, I'm a book short of 50 books read this year. I wonder if that will continue throughout the rest of the year. I really doubt it, but it's fun to speculate.
Lots of really good books in March though, I'd be hard pressed to pick a favourite. Also, kind of a strange mixture. Some adult books, mostly YA books and one non-fiction title there. Some favourite authors, Neil Gaiman, Meg Cabot, and Sarra Manning. But also some never-before-read authors, like Keris Stainton, Jennifer Echols, Simone Elkeles, Carrie Ryan and Joshua Ferris. This month I've read about the underground, a tuba, myths, zombies, eating disorders, lurve, and a mysterious condition that compelled one man to walk and walk and walk. I love where books take me.
1. Wonder Boys by Michael Chabon
2. Flowers For Algernon by Daniel Keyes
3. Boy by Roald Dahl
4. Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
5. Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols
6. Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
7. Della Says OMG by Keris Stainton
8. Ransom My Heart by Mia Thermopolis with Meg Cabot
9. Juliet, Naked by Nick Hornby
10. Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson
11. The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
12. Guitar Girl by Sarra Manning
13. A Short History of Myth by Karen Armstrong
14. The Unnamed by Joshua Ferris
15. Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles
As for April, I'm not really interested in the numbers as I am in reading some of my own books. I really need to clear some space in my TBR shelves. I'm in the mood for some YA romancey books, but I don't seem to have many of those unread on my shelves. Sadface. This month, I read 7 of my own books, only two of which had been languishing on my shelves for awhile, two e-books, one book proof that had was sent on, and five library books.
What did you read in March? Did you have a favourite? Where has reading taken you lately? What's in store for April?