Here is the list of books I read in July. Already July feels like forever ago, sorry I'm only posting this now. It was an interesting month, July. With 21 books read. That included two graphic novels, four books for the Body Image and Self Perception month, books about vampires, angels, fairies, the dead, first love, road trips, Ramadan, exes, and different cultures. It's been an exciting month for reading.
1. Maus II by Art Spiegelman
2. Fat Kid Rules The World by K L Going
3. Everything Beautiful by Simmone Howell
4. Leaving Paradise by Simone Elkeles
5. Big Mouth and Ugly Girl by Joyce Carol Oates
6. Angel by LA Weatherly
7. Glass Houses by Rachel Caine
8. Unwind by Neal Shusterman
9. Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris
10. Two-Way Street by Lauren Barnholdt
11. Something, Maybe by Elizabeth Scott
12. The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy: and Other Stories by Tim Burton
13. Scott Pilgrim's Precious Life by Bryan Lee O'Malley
14. The Ex Games by Jennifer Echols
15. Boy vs Girl by Na'ima B Robert
16. Wintercraft by Jenna Burtenshaw
17. Lost It by Kristen Tracy
18. The Dead by David Gatward
19. Magic Under Glass by Jaclyn Dolamore
20. Love, Aubrey by Suzanne LeFleur
21. Looking For Alibrandi by Melina Marchetta
My favourite of the month? Love, Aubrey by Suzanne LeFleur. But I'm also excited for lots of other books. I started the Morganville vampire series this month and the Scott Pilgrim graphic novels and I can't for more in the series. Angel is a really promising new series coming out later this year. I've loved reading more of some of my favourite YA authors, like Jennifer Echols and Elizabeth Scott. Can I also have a pat on the back for the amount of books I've reviewed this month! I almost never review books that quickly, so well done me.
As for August, I have big plans. I'm taking part in Presenting Lenore's Dystopian August and have a whole stack of dystopic/post-apocalyptic books to read and hopefully review. Here's that list, if you're interested.
(books I've already read and have not yet reviewed)
Unwind by Neal Shusterman
Life As We Knew It by Susan Pfeffer
The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E Pearson
(books waiting for me to read)
The Maze Runner by James Dashner
Candor by Pam Bachorz
Matched by Ally Condie
Tomorrow When The War Began by John Marsden
Little Brother by Cory Doctorow
Plus, loads more books that I'm excited to read. I usually take out books from my TBR shelves/piles and create a shortlisted TBR pile. My shortlist pile currently includes about 15 books. Oh dear.
How was reading in July for you? Favourite of the month?