Sunday, October 31, 2010
I hope everyone is having a really wonderful and safe Halloween! We had a little Halloween party yesterday and we're hoping to take the boys out trick-or-treating for the first time ever tonight! Wish us luck :)
And now here are the books that I've read during the month of October:
149. The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E Lockhart
150. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by JK Rowling (re-read)
151. The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer
152. Girl Parts by John M. Cusick
153. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman (re-read)
154. From Somalia, With Love by Na'ima B. Robert
155. Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott
156. White Crow by Marcus Sedgwick
157. The Long Weekend by Savita Kalhan
158. The Prince of Mist by Carlos Ruis Zafon
159. Some Girls Are by Courtney Summers
160. Grace by Elizabeth Scott
Very mixed books, as always. I am surprised that there are two re-reads in there, but I did have to pull out the big guns to get read of my reading slump. Lots of darker themed books for this month. I assure you that was unintentional, I rarely theme-read for holidays.
The Prince of Mist, The Long Weekend, White Crow, and The Graveyard Book had a creepiness to them. Living Dead Girl and Some Girls Are were very sad. The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks is one of the best YA books I've read in a really, really long time. I had a lot of fun with Girl Parts, Harry Potter is always a good choice to fall back on and From Somalia, With Love was a very sweet and gentle story. Grace took me by surprise, as I was quite confused at first, wasn't sure if I was going to like it and then everything got turned around and I really, really liked it. Now I'm reading Delirium by Lauren Oliver and phew, is it good.
My favourite of the month: The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart.
Plans for November:
1) I'd like to make a bigger dent in my TBR pile by reading more books less than 250 pages.
2) I'd like to catch up on some of my review pile: Obviously finish Delirium by Lauren Oliver, You Against Me by Jenny Downham, The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting, the new Bartimaeus book, Immortal Beloved by Cate Tiernan, By Midnight by Mia James.
3) AND I have two more books I need to read for Anti-Bullying Week (15th - 19th November) which might be a bit of a squeeze for me. We shall see.
What're your plans for Halloween? How did reading in October go for you? What are your reading plans for November?
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I wish I could say that I've made some headway with my TBR pile, but as you know, I've been in a hell of a reading slump. I've only recently gotten out of that slump so I'm hoping to make some reading headway this November. I'm looking forward to your review of Delirium by Lauren Oliver. I'm hoping to read Before I fall during the month of November.ReplyDelete
I love your Halloween ornaments :DReplyDelete
You read so fast, and your list looks like resolutions :) Might have to borrow some.
Hope you are feeling better
We didnt do anything for halloween this year, I wasn't feeling very well unfortunatly. How did your trick or treating go? I hope the boys enjoyed! xxReplyDelete
thebookfairyhaven - Reading slumps are definitely the worst. I feel like I'm making up for mine a little bit with these books. It's partly why I wanted to only read slim books, to feel like I'd accomplished more by reading more books!ReplyDelete
Strangely, Before I Fall is my choice for my online book group! And Delirium was wonderful. Truly wonderful. Review soon.
Emma - Thanks, I do sort of collect Halloween ornaments :) And looking back at the list, it does sort of sound resolution-like :) Wasn't my intention. And I am feeling better, thanks!
Emmie - Oh, what a shame! Hope you're feeling better now. And trick or treating went wonderfully :) Only went to half a dozen houses but it was enough to get a small piles of sweets and massive smiles on the faces of my boys!