The Mission: Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
The Criteria: Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).
Why 1001 Days? Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as new year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.
And I've posted this list at the Triplux)
My list starts 2 May, 2007 and ends 15 September, 2009.
6. Decide on a timeline to go back to school to finish my degree.
8. Start driving again.
9. Start working again.
11. Take a vacation outside of England.
13. Visit the English seaside at least 3 more times. (1/3)
14. Have a family portrait taken.
18. Go to a PYO fruit and veg place with Elliot at least twice.
20. Lose 10 pounds.
21. Enroll Elliot in a music class for toddlers.
22. Have a manicure.
23. Have a pedicure.
24. Make the back garden child-friendly.
25. Throw a themed birthday party for Elliot.
26. Repaint the hallway and landing.
27. Repaint the bedrooms.
28. Repaint the living rooms.
29. Replace flooring and tiles in bathrooms and kitchen.
30. Ride in a hot-air balloon.
31. Read at least 10 books 'I always meant to read.' (5/10)
32. Take a self-defence class.
33. Have regular 'family game nights' once Elliot is old enough.
34. Spend at least a week without checking my email or using the computer.
35. Fill out Elliot's 'Baby's First Year' book.
36. Print out Elliot's photos and organise in photo albums.
37. Attend an art workshop at my local craft store.
40. Visit the Lake District.
41. Visit York.
42. Have my teeth whitened.
43. Buy and read the Sunday paper all the way through.
44. Send a secret to PostSecret.
45. Go to a concert.
46. See at least 5 movies at the cinema. (2/5)
47. Go see a play in the West End. (The Lion King?)
48. Go to Wimbledon. (or some other live sporting event)
50. Register to vote and actually vote. (in either country)
51. Fly a kite in the park.
53. Have a picnic in Regent's Park with Shadowfalcon and Catherine.
54. Wash the car.
55. Plant clematis in the back garden.
56. Put up a border and plant new flowerbeds in two separate areas.
59. Take Elliot to a swimming class.
60. Use treadmill 4 times a week for a month.
62. Find a way to make money without going back to work.
63. Visit Diane in Belgium.
64. Visit Andrew and his family in Leeds.
67. Reintroduce Meet the Guys Monday.
70. Update my 'Letters to Elliot' bok.
71. Post new entries every month on Elliot's blog.
73. Buy a new digital camera.
74. Bake at least once a month.
77. Answer emails as soon as I recieve them.
81. Sand and stain my rocking chair.
84. Replace blinds in the computer room.
85. Buy a bike.
89. Organise an Easter egg hunt for Elliot and his small friends.
90. Do something creative with all the old greeting cards laying about the house.
91. Start a small scrapbook.
93. Collect photos of my father through the years for a 60th birthday surprise.
94. Organise memory boxes.
95. Start a food journal.
96. Keep track of all the books I've read in a year.
97. Plan a surprise for N.
98. Have houseguests.
100. Potty train Elliot.
101. Do something wonderful to celebrate completing everything on this list.